RYA Powerboat Level 2
This is a popular course and very suitable for residents and visitors alike and is fully accepted locally and internationally for recreational boat usage as well as a requirement for those driving tenders in the yacht industry.
It will provide you with the skills and background knowledge needed by the competent powerboat driver and is the basis of the International Certificate of Competence. It aims to teach boat handling and seamanship in powerboats. It focuses on low speed close quarters handling, man overboard recovery, an introduction to driving at planing speed, and collision regulations.
Other courses to consider alongside this course:
RYA Short Ranger Certificate – A license to operate VHF Marine Radio Worldwide
RYA Dayskipper (Shorebased) or RYA Dayskipper (Online) – Developing on your Navigation Skills, Safety Awareness and Metrology Skills
Outboard Engine Maintenance Course – Learn to diagnose problems and service your outboard engine
RYA Diesel Engine Course – Useful for those working on inboard engine vessels. Develop on your diesel engine skills, covering troubleshooting, servicing, winterisation and more!
The RYA Powerboat Level 2 course is one of the most useful and versatile of our courses for the following reasons:
1. It will help you, passengers and other users to become safer on the water
2. Teaches you practical skills plus the basics of navigation, safety, rules of the road and much more
3. It is accepted by ADOMS in Antigua & Barbuda as meeting the requirements of the Small Craft [Control] Regulations 2017. In short you now need a license to drive a pleasure craft by law in Antigua & Barbuda
4. It is accepted internationally and for a small fee you can apply to the RYA for the ICC, International Certificate of Competence which is also a very useful international leisure license
5. It is also accepted as a professional qualification and is sought by many people working on super yachts in order to be able to drive the tenders and support vessels. Not only that, it forms the basis for the Boatmaster 3 course for inshore small boat professionals here in the Caribbean
6. You can arrange for the course on your own or Ondeck’s vessel
7. It is 2 days and we can offer flexibility on dates during the week or weekends
8. Excellent instructors who are informative and patient
9. A good base course that can be followed up with more in depth driving, maintenance or navigation skills courses.
|Duration:||2 Days||No. Students to Instructor:||3:1|
|Previous Experience:||None||Minimum Age:||12 – students under 16 will be given an endorsed certificate and must be supervised by an adult.|
|Locations:||Antigua||Dates:||This course is run all year round|
We also run the course in Antigua On Demand – Individual places available upon request at $550 per person